Urban Issues are bird control experts providing effective solutions for industries such as aviation, construction, facilities management, commercial property management, hospitality and many more. Safeguarding businesses by delivering control and prevention services discreetly, responsibly and humanely.
Urban Issues has the experience to neutralise the risks associated with cleaning guano (pigeon poo) infested sites ranging from disused warehouses, property about to be renovated, building sites and blocks of flats.
Our specialist teams operate in the South East and offer the expertise and practical experience required to ensure working environments remain hazard-free and compliant.
Expert at bird proofing properties and utilities, we offer a full range of netting, wire, spikes and gels to suit the specific needs of any type of building.
Finally, we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty – we’re also highly practised in bird dropping removal!
- Bird behaviour management
- Lasers – mobile and fixed installations
- Proofing – netting, bird wire, spikes, gel and electric deterrents
- Egg and nest removal
- Gutter clearance
- Bird dropping removal and cleaning
Whilst it’s safe to clean up the odd bird dropping, handling guano by quantity should be done with care. Measures should be taken at all times to protect staff, contractors and public health if working near to or on a guano infested site. There are many health and safety regulations and waste disposal considerations that need to be followed when working with or near bird guano. Anyone doing so should observe the regulations below or consult an experienced professional such as Urban Issues.
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992, Regulation 3
- The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/2932)
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1994